these horns are not for honking

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Got fired this weekend. Pretty lame. I didn't really want to stay there much longer anyway but it would have been nice to quit with honor and dignity and maybe another job lined up.

Apparently two weeks ago, a lady came in at 8:40 when we were about to close but I'd started cleaning early because sunday nights are slow. I wasn't paying attention to the front door because I was tired, still sick and wanted to clean my shit and go. I guess this lady felt that I deliberately ignored her and her family when I never saw them and would never ignore them if I had. That's just rude. And that's no way to get a good tip. So she sent an email to corporate and I am fired. No other complaints or write-ups or any other kind of disciplinary action in my file.

Three things really bum me out about this: Number one: I wish she would have said something at the time, something like "excuse me, we would like a table please." or even something less polite, so I could have done something for her then. I would have hooked it up for them because that's what I do when I fuck up. Instead she had to be all passive-aggressive email on me and I am fired and the manager on duty at the time was also fired because they think he closed early again. Number two: the manager who got fired is a dad. That's just fucked up. Not that dads shouldn't get fired but come on dude. He'd worked there probably half my life span. Not cool. Number three: After I toughed out all the shit with my health, sucked it up day after day and continued to be a pretty awesome waitress, this is what I get. I am never sucking it up again.

That's what she said.

1 comment:

Your Maugham said...

That is stupid lame. I'm boycotting Ruby's from now on. Rather, I will indulge in a much more recession-friendly In-n-out shake, thankyouverymuch.

p.s. Where my Ponygirls at? I be missing their bloggings.